Last night at a cugos.org meeting, I learned how to compile GDAL with MrSID
capabilities. The system he used as a chromebook. You can find the
instructions in the link below. I believe that QGIS uses your system's GDAL
installation for most of its operations.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26575408/gdal_mrsid/gdal_mrsid.html

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Joachim Bergerhoff <agi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dears, I guess the message title is explicit enough ?
>

> BTW, I have downloaded the SDK 9.1.0 from Imtech.  The ReadMe says:
>
> "INSTALLATION:
>
>   No specific installation is required to use the MrSID SDK beyond copying
> the SDK contents to your local machine.
>
>   After installing, we suggest building and running the example program to
> assure correct installation and behaviour."
>

> But copying the SDK download (unpacked) somewhere on my disk obviously is
> not enough and I am lost when it comes to "building" etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joachim

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us