If every Accident has an ID for location you can use the group stats plugin to summarize the # of wrecks in each location. You could then save that out to a text file and join it to a point layer and get the graduated symbol you are after.

If not - I'm thinking you set a very small buffer in each location and then use the Points in Polygon tool under vector -> analysis (I think).

Good Luck, We're all counting on you!

Randy