On second reading of what you are looking for, The Table Manager plugin, may not be what you need.

On 15/10/2015 19:29, Richard Males wrote:
I have been looking for a capability (plugin or native QGIS) that will easily copy the field definitions (not the attribute data) from one layer to another layer. To date I have not found it, I may be missing something obvious. Any help/advice much appreciated.

I have a layer with a bunch of fields already defined, and another layer with geometry but no additional fields. I would like to add the field definitions from the first layer to the second layer, and then populate with the appropriate data for that layer.

Thanks.

Dick Males
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

OPW - Ag féachaint don am atá le teacht - Ag caomhnú ón am atá thart
OPW - Looking to the future - Caring for the past