Jesse,

I would suggest taking a look at GeoMOOSE ( & MS4W if you want to go the
Windows Route).

You can get it installed fairly quickly, and can run it on your own computer,
and once you have it all working locally, you can figure out the public hosting
aspects.  I’ve got some ideas to suggest for public facing stuff, just email me
off list.

bobb