Hello,

I am frustrated with the raster Statistics in the layer properties.  I can't
understand why they are sometimes created and sometimes not or why they change
when once the xml file is created.   To make sure they are good, one must use
the gdal stats in the processing toolbox.

Earlier this week, the raster statistics in the layer property dialogue box
were working as opening a large raster would take a long time but once the XML
file was created, reopening the file was fast.  The statistics where there and
I was a happy camper.

But now, with new file, they stopped showing up.  (But QGIS is faster to open
them the first time). ( I did not change the create raster icon option.). This
has happened to me on other versions of QGIS also.

I get the usual "statistics not yet calculated" (or something like that).  I
know I can get them using gdal  but I am trying to figure out why this
important  game changer option  is so unstable since QGIS 2.0 at least.  I am
on windows 64 using the latest version of QGIS 2.12 (I think.)

Is there an option or a setting I am missing somewhere??? Or is this really a
bug that keep popping up on various version of QGIS?  How can I force them
calculated in the dialogue box?

And on this grumpy note.... I wish you all a Merry Christmas in advance for
those of you how will be celebrating it and a lovely day for those who are not!

Cheers!

Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.