I am trying to join a csv file and shp file in QGIS. They both have common
fields. I have imported the CSV file properly. It has two fields, a name (local
government area) and an integer (total complaints per area). I have checked the
properties in QGIS and they show string and int.

I want to display total complaints per local government area on a map When I
join the CSV and shp files, I get null values under the total complaints field.
I have tried lots of things, but without success so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phillip Money