Hello Piort,

In my opinion everything depends on the surface extensions. Flying an
extension of 500 ha with a multi-rotor drone would be practically
unfeasible, would consume many batteries, for those surfaces are
recommended fixed-wing drones capable of flying surfaces up to 1000 ha in a
single flight, some have up to an hour of autonomy, but these drones are
out of your budget, cost more than 2000 $

If the surfaces are very extensive, it would be better idea to think of
satellite images as the colleage said, you could study if you serve the
images of Sentinel-2, with resolution of 10m, are free.

 Enviado con Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=es&referral=alecham...@gmail.com&idSignature=23>

> Hi!
>
> I'm sorry if my question is out of the main topics - my current employer
> would like to buy drone. They would like to use it for "registration" such
> things as (for example) - small areas without trees in dense forest, that
> were cut (it's not a national park, but normal typical forest -> so here we
> have timber harvest etc.); here is link to Google Maps, that shows what I
> mean -
>
> https://goo.gl/maps/iEPchbrTYyQ2
>
> Normally I (or someone else) must walk with gps receiver, then digitize
> that "holes" in qgis. The idea is to use drone for that - and here is my
> question - what would you recommend? - I know the max. acceptable price is
> about 2300 usd, but it's better to assume 1200 usd. I think my employer
> would be already happy if such "drone" just make aerial photos that can be
> used for mapping, I don't think that my company would like to have some 3d
> data (DEM, DSM).
>
> Thanks for any hints

[image: Logo]

Alejandro Chamizo de Castro

Analista SIG

*+34 653681823* · i...@agprecision.es

www.agprecision.es

[image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente
[image: View Tony Wilson's profile on LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/public-profile-settings?trk=prof-edit-edit-public_profile>
     <http://vizualize.me/alechamizo?r=alechamizo>
WEB: *http://www.gisland.es/ <http://www.gisland.es/>*