On mardi 7 mars 2017 14:30:13 CET Parker, Jonathon wrote:
> New user to QGIS here.  Went through some tutorials, had ESRI experience in
> distance past.  Starting a demonstration project using data from the US
> Census Bureau https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/tiger.html
>
> I successfully added shapefiles and small geodatabases
> ftp://ftp2.census.gov/geo/tiger/TGRGDB16// as layers.  When I tried the
> same process with a large geodatabase (tlgdb_2016_a_us_edges.gdb), it did
> not render. The feature count was reported as 0.  I contacted the US Census
> bureau and they verified it was not corrupted and worked on ESRI products.
>
> Is there a size limit that prevents QGIS from working with large files?
> The table in the geodatabase is 13GB.

I've downloaded the file and reproduced the issue. The OGR OpenFileGDB driver
had a bug in
the particular situation where the attribute description section of the
.gdbtable is beyond
the 4 GB offset. I've just fixed it per
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6830

The feature count now reported is ~68 million and it displays fine in QGIS
(against the fixed
GDAL version)

Best regards,

Even