Från: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] För Lester Anderson
Skickat: den 15 augusti 2017 15:06
Till: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Ämne: [Qgis-user] Strike and dip symbology and labels

Hello,

I have strike and dip structural geology data and would like to plot the
symbols with correctly positioned labels for the dip marker. The strike angle
can be used for the rotation in a clockwise direction, but labelling the dip
vector of the symbol is very hit and miss.

A typical data file would be:

Longitude, Latitude, Strike (clockwise from 0 degrees), dip direction
(orthogonal to strike).

Is there an easy method to deal with this? I can manually position the labels
with offsets, but for a lot of data this would be a time consuming task!

Thanks

Lester

QGIS version 2.18.11