That isn't the experience I have had. The only variant of Ubuntu that wouldn't load GRASS I have seen was 16.04 with 2.18.13

On 11/10/17 07:35, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
Hi Patrick,
set up a VM with zesty and QGIS 2.99 from the debian-nightly repository WITHOUT ubuntugis.
And ... tada ... no GRASS nor SAGA algos in processing again.
So in which way is this a solution?

Cheers
Bernd