I recently upgraded to 2.18 for Mac OS X (High Sierra) from KyngChaos. Trying
to perform a vector operation, I found that the vector processing tools
submenus were not appearing in the Vector menu. After some temporary
consternation about losing this functionality, I saw that these tools were now
included in the Processing Toolbox, so they were available. After working with
a few of those tools for a bit, I was surprised to discover that the vector
tools submenus were now appearing under the  Vector menu. Then, coming back to
QGIS a bit later, the tools were no longer in the Vector menu and doing what I
had before, displaying the Processing Toolbox and running one of the vector
tools, did not result in the submenus being added to the Vector menu.

Since the tools are available in the Processing Toolbox, it’s not a deal
breaker if they don’t appear under the Vector menu. But since I use them on a
regular basis, it would be more convenient having them there than having to go
into the Processing Toolbox. Is there a way to have them consistently appear
there?

Thanks in advance,

John Ottensmann