Quoting Andre Joost <andre+jo...@nurfuerspam.de>:

Am 27.01.18 um 00:40 schrieb Dave Stevens:
I've got Mint 18.03 on my new laptop and want to install qgis to try it
out. Which download should I use? x86_64 kernel 4.13.0-32 generic

You can try QGIS 2.18.15 :

https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu

Just add "deb https://qgis.org/debian xenial main" to your sources,and import the key as described on the site:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key CAEB3DC3BDF7FB45

If you are more advanced, you can try the ubuntugis version, which will bring you GDAL 2.x. The nightly version also needs ubuntugis, but is not very stable at the moment.

HTH,
Andre Joost

I'll try it, thanks very much!

"As long as politics is the shadow cast on society by big business,
the attenuation of the shadow will not change the substance."

-- John Dewey