It looks like no one has been answering this for you yet and I’m just catching
up on a few days emails after my computer was in the shop.

There is active interest in developing a drill hole plugin for QGIS3 now that
3D is more fully supported.  I also work with drill holes and have been running
them in QGIS fairly easily in plan view where I just calculate traces to a plan
view (either in a spreadsheet or using code) and apply theme patterns based on
the attributes I kept with the segments.  This has worked reasonable well with
grade and lithology which are two of the main things you want to see.

Cross sections have been harder, but those are still “maps” in non-Earth
coordinates.  Again I’ve tended to build those with projections to a plane in
either a spreadsheet or by code.  This is not as easy to work with as plan view
so I am very interested in seeing the developing interest in getting a drill
hole section plugin for QGIS.  That will really finalize QGIS as the logical
choice for geological exploration work.

I’ve cc’ed the others I know using QGIS so I hope you can be included in the
list of interested users.

Regards,

John Harrop, PGeo, FGS
Senior Project Geologist