Hi,

I want to use the “Save as” function on a GeoPackage layer to save a
reprojected copy to a new layer in the same GeoPackage file. The function fails
with an “Error: Cannot overwrite an OGR layer in place” message. The same thing
happens if I try to save a subset of selected features from a layer to the same
GeoPackage file. However, if I use the ogr2ogr function it works nicely. Is
this the expected behavior? I am updating lab exercises for students in my
beginning GIS class, and trying to switch from shapefiles to GeoPackage, so I
am reluctant to send students to the command line early in their GIS training.
I am working with QGIS 3.0.3 on Windows 10.

Regards, Richard