As Nicolas mentioned, you are trying to open GML (or GZ which is zipped
GML) in QGIS. This file format does not support spatial indexing.

You can use OS Translator II plugin to upload  and style OS Mastermap to
PostGIS....

Cheers
Saber

On 20 August 2018 at 10:03, Wolstan H M Dixie <wolstan-di...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

> A minor British GIS called GGP - standing for GeoGraphic Processor.
>
> So how fast is everyone else's redraw? Is it instantaneous or appreciable?
>
> Wolstan
>

> On 20/08/2018 00:08, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 at 03:22, Wolstan H M Dixie
> > <wolstan-di...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I am a new user so please be understanding! I am shocked by the redraw
> >> time of a map view. When, for instance, I just pan the map a little, it
> >> takes 10 seconds to redraw [British OS Mastermap vector data, 64 bit
> >> desktop Windows 7]. My previous GIS was so fast it was essentially
> >> instantaneous, and was like dragging a paper map. Is this normal or are
> >> there tweaks I haven't appreciated?
> > What was your previous GIS?
> >
> > Nyall

Saber Razmjooei