Hi Pascale,

Am 29.08.18 um 10:10 schrieb Pascale Le Hel:
Hello, I have never used QGIS so far, but I am wondering if I can use
it to then create a webGIS (exporting the layers created in QGIS to
display them on a web platform). I saw this plugin 'QGIS2web': does
it create a web GIS to display the data online or do I need to use a
(free) website builders like Wix to create a WebGIS?

I just did my first WebGIS page with qgis2web. You can visit it at http://karte.nrwbahnarchiv.bplaced.net/

I used the Openlayers build, because it has some better symbolizing than the leaflet one. I added some features like URL parameters and WMS basemaps (instead of WMS layers) myself. The vector layer data is stored as geojson files.

You surely need a web hoster (I use a free account at bplaced), but no online database or server management is required. An ftp access is the only thing you need.

You can even add your own tiles if you render them on your PC and uplaod them to the usual folder structure on your webspace.

HTH,
Andre Joost