Hi,

You will find that QGIS is an excellent product  that can be used in a professional environment.  It is stable.  I do not know XMap 7 pro therefore I could not help you to see if this is a good replacement.  It would help to know exactly what you do with XMap 7 pro.

Importing projects will probably be impossible or would need some competent programmer.  This will probably be the same for all GIS software.  What you will be able to import is the raster files and vector files into a new QGIS project.  QGIS can handle most formats.  You can look at this https://www.gdal.org/formats_list.html  and https://www.gdal.org/ogr_formats.html for more information on the various formats.

Nicolas

On 2018-08-29 11:33 AM, Diane Green wrote:
We currently use XMap 7 pro and are looking for a replacement package.  I need some feedback to see if QGIS is a good replacement.  We also need in the new package the ability to import the old projects from XMap 7 pro which does not have an export option except txt format.  We are a forestry based company.

Any comments are welcome.

Diane Green