Hi Juerg,

I've looked into this and suspect the problem is actually with the configuration of the server.

This URL gets the GetCapabilities document and works:

https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/wsgi/mapserv_proxy?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&service=wfs

If you look in the document you'll see that it's declaring the following URL as being for GetCapabilities:
<ows:Operation name="GetCapabilities">
<ows:DCP>
<ows:HTTP>
<ows:Get xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/mapserv?"/> <ows:Post xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/mapserv?"/>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>

Note the lack of "_proxy". In fact, if you search the document the string "_proxy" doesn't appear anywhere. But if you try that declared URL, you get a 403 - Forbidden:
https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/mapserv?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&service=wfs

So I suspect (this is a guess) that QGIS 3 is trying to ("correctly") use the declared URLs for the services, whereas QGIS 2 was ignoring them and extrapolating them based on the base URL path. Which of these options is desirable is a tricky one - there are situations whether either work or don't.

Unfortunately the service doesn't declare any contact information to tell the server operator to fix it. But maybe you can find an email on their web-page.

Cheers,
Jonathan