I have to say that deleting features by using the node tools seems a bit
"unconventional" to me. There is a "delete features" tool, which is
meant to be used to delete features. The node tools serves a different
purpose: to remove nodes.
I am not sure it is well defined that removing a point using the node
tool should also remove the feature. It might be a valid behavior of
QGIS that it sets to the geometry to "NULL" and not delete the feature
after the last node of a geometry was removed. Are you sure that this really worked in the past? Andreas
On 2019-01-07 16:15, Micha Silver wrote:

Hi Alex: Linux Mint 19 gdal 2.2.3 QGIS 3.4.3 Just out of curiosity, I did the same on a debian buster machine (QGIS 2.18) and found the same: deleting vertices (with the node tool) on a point vector layer does not delete the attribute rows. On 1/6/19 11:38 PM, Alexandre Neto wrote: What's your platform? What's the version of gdal? Thanks,
Alex Neto

A dom, 6/01/2019, 12:55, Micha Silver <tsvi...@gmail.com> escreveu: I have found that after deleting some points in both a shapefile and a geopackage layer, the attribute rows remain in the table (with null geometry). Is this expected? I'm using 3.4.3, and I don't remember that being so in earlier versions. I removed the "phantom" rows by selecting by expression: '$geometry is null' and then deleting. Still the behavior was surprising. I hope this is not a resurrection of https://issues.qgis.org/issues/11007 ??
Thanks

--
Micha Silver
Ben Gurion Univ.