Hi

I'm using the lastest version of QGIS and I've been trying to upload a .png version of a basemap, which uploads but is not visible. When uploading the coordinate reference system selector box pops up and I choose OSGB 1936 / British National Grid.

I've asked the map provider for a .vml version (which when combined with the .png worked a treat in past versions of QGIS) but they haven't sent it and haven't replied.

Can someone advise whether I should be able to see the .png version and that I'm doing something wrong or whether a .vml version of a basemap is essential?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Mary