The world file only contains the coordinates and pixel size information for a raster file that tell Qgis where to place it on the canvas and how wide to draw it. This information is in the coordinates of a particular CRS. The world file does not actually specify the CRS. The CRS is specified in another file.

e.g. if I have a file called 123.jpg the world file for it will be 123.jgw

The other files (one of which at least specifies the CRS) that the rasters I download from a particular web site I source a lot of rasters from) could include:

123.xml

123.jpg.aux.xml