Hi,

I have no idea what this error is but my first reaction would be to uninstall
QGIS and reinstall QGIS.  If that does not help, please add what version of
QGIS you have, what installer you used and what operating system you are on.  I
would add what version the projects are done with.  You could also disable all
plugins that could be at the root of the problem. That would help others figure
things out.

Good luck,
Nicolas