Hi list,

I've got a project set up in QGIS 3.4.x with a parent polygon layer and a child
attribute layer.  Each site polygon represents a piece of land and can have
multiple tasks associated with it (grass cutting, weeding, pruning, etc.).
Sites can be made up of multiple polygons.

With relations set up in the project it is easy to select a polygon feature and
update attributes.  It is easy to add or edit associated tasks.  See
screenshots below.  With multiple site polygons selected I can use the "modify
selected attributes simultaneously" to update information.

I need to find a way to be able to select site polygons and add the same
associated task to each one.  For example, select all site polygons that need
grass cutting task associated with them, assign the task and maintain the
parent child relationship.  It would be great if there was a way to do this
through the form.

One solution I have been toying with is using a SQL query to select the site
polygons and insert into the associated tasks table a new record associated
with each polygon.  The query works but I need a way to tie it into the form.
Anyone got any pointers?  Some python to call the SQL and get the selected
feature IDs from QGIS?

Thanks

Ross

Screenshot 1: https://nextcloud.mixedbredie.net/s/D7DFjs2PrcnEf7t

Screenshot 2: https://nextcloud.mixedbredie.net/s/EBzeTopsBcZBSJc

Ross McDonald | Geo-evangelist | Angus Council, Digital Enablement and IT |
Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Sylvie Way, Forfar DD8 1AT | t: 01307
49 22 39

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error,
please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error
you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This
message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation
and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for
security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate
content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any
harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message
or any attachment.