Hello everybody,

Some months ago, I asked you about the possibilities in QGIS to calculate the
closest points from one layer to another. It is a very easy task in PostGIS,
but the discussion figured out, that QGIS has no tool/plugin or something else
to get the closest point geometries on an easy way. It is only possible to
create a join between two layers via the field calculator or the function „join
attributes by nearest“. Because of this, I created a new plugin (after a long
time with a low priority for this project ^^) called Closest Points. It creates
a point layer with the closest points using the PyQGIS functions nearestPoint()
and distance(). For me this tool is very helpful, maybe Someone of you could
need it too :)

Sincerely,
Christoph