Hi,

Ok what you want to do is to sample a raster with data points (and not merge two rasters).   This mean you have a csv of points and a raster with values.  You want the values of the raster to be added to a column in the csv.   When you open both layers, do they appear to be well placed in space (georeferenced) and one on top of the other?  If not, right click on the layer in the layer panel and go to "set CRS/Set layer CRS".  Once both layers are in the correct CRS, they should be one on top of the other.

Then used the Processing tool (sample raster values) or install the Point Sampling tool. Both are plugins that need to be activated under the plugins menu but the Point Sampling tool will need to be installed first.  You will need to save the CSV in another format because you cannot write to a CSV.  Use Shp or better, Geopackage.

Nicolas

On 2020-05-06 10:48 a.m., Nikos Benos wrote:
Dear Nicolas,

I have used the following methodology
https://www.qgistutorials.com/en/docs/3/sampling_raster_data.html
It works fine, but the problem is that the coordinates of the tiff file are in different scale than the coordinates of the csv file. If I convert my csv file (list of points with their coordinates) in raster file, how will I combine 2 raster files to produce an excel file?

Best,
Nikos

Στις Τετ, 6 Μαΐ 2020 στις 4:36 μ.μ., ο/η Nicolas Cadieux <nicolas.cadi...@archeotec.ca <mailto:nicolas.cadi...@archeotec.ca>> έγραψε:

    Hi,

    You can save a file and reproject it by changing the coordinates
    reference system (CRS).  That would change the coordinates (and
    the data dependent on the method used).  However, the is the csv a
    vector file (a file with a list of points for example) or is it a
    true raster file (a matrix).  If it’s a vector file, you will need
    to change it as a raster.  Look for rasterize or « vector to
    raster ».  Google it to understand the differences between raster
    and vector.

    Nicolas Cadieux
    Ça va bien aller!

    Le 6 mai 2020 à 02:22, Nikos Benos <nbe...@uoi.gr