I'm mapping the location of trees and plants along the famous Promenade in Brooklyn, NY.   Above a bottom layer of GoogleSatelliteHybrid, I've drawn polygons representing 35 gardens, and then there are layers for trees in each garden, plants, etc.  The project CRS is EPSG:2263 since having coordinates measured in feet is very convenient because volunteers are giving me pieces of graph paper with trees, etc. marked in pencil;  each square on the graph paper represents one foot.  I want to plot all that relative to the northwest corner of each garden.

   Now here's my problem.  Using my cell phone and an Android app called Lat Long, I captured latitude and longitude at each corner.  When I create a layer of garden corners they all appear to be in Pennsylvania.  I know that this forum (and many web sites) are full of hundreds of explanations of how to reconcile different CRS's.  I've read many lengthy explanations and advice.  I'm sorry to be dumb, but I just can't bring those corner points back to Brooklyn.  I know that along my gardens the longitude is something like -73.993 degrees (or 985217 feet) and latitude approximately 40.695 degrees (or 193982 feet). And the long and lat reported by my phone is close to that.  But when I put long and lat into QGIS (by reading delimited data from a .csv file) the long becomes -77.519 and the lat  40.112 (about 200 miles west and slightly south of where they should be).  The .csv file has columns labelled "Longitude" and "Latitude" ;  the Data Source Manager >  Delimited Text window shows that QGIS got that right. The attribute table of that layer seems to confirm that.

    I've tried loading the corner points file and then saving it as a shape file with crs 2263,  but it still puts those points in Pennsylvania.

     Any advice would be very welcome.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Steve