You could run a buffer of 2 m around every observation point and recalculate your raster DSM values to a set elevation (ie 10m) and calculate your observation elevation by  subtracting 10 m from your actual observation elevation.  That way, your observation height will be modeled correctly.

Have fun

Kirk Schmidt

On 5/14/2020 6:48 PM, cg...@graytechsoftware.com wrote:

I’ve done what you described – select a point away from the edge and manually adjust the observer height. This does work.

I also tested negative observer height. If it is surrounded, the viewshed simply shows nothing (neighboring pixels only).

However, I’m going to be doing 100+ points over multiple locations. Ideally, when I setup a viewshed point (including elevation), I can just run an analysis from that location and ignore the first 2m or so. I think manipulating every point will be cumbersome.

Thank you, Chris

*From:* kirk <k...@nortekresources.com>
*Sent:* Thursday, May 14, 2020 5:36 PM
*To:* cg...@graytechsoftware.com; qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
*Subject:* Re: [Qgis-user] Viewshed >From Specific Elevation?

You could try converting the first lidar returns to a raster layer and using a negative elevation observer value or select point that is one or 3 pixels away from the edge of the roof.  I am not sure if the negative observer height will work but it may.  If you need to remove obstructions, you can create a mask and recalculate the elevations if the obsructions below the observer height and rerun the viewshed.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.