Luigi,

The lines must fully transect the polygon in order to split.  The dotted lines in the image are examples of such lines.

Hope this helps,
David

On 6/10/2020 11:31 AM, Luigi Raffaele Sapone wrote:

Hello

I’m using QGIS 3.12

I have a poly shapefile named building.shp in the zip file, and a line shapefile, named line.shp.

I’m using the geoprocessing function ‘split polygon by line’ using poly.shp as input, and line.shp as divide layer.

I obtain the ‘split_by_line.shp’. But, in this splitted file, the polygon was not divided considering all the lines present, but only some of them, as visible in ‘split_by_line.shp’.

Is there something wrong?

Regards