Hi,

I do not recall the exact dialog, but I also get this kind of messages when I
first opened QGIS 3.10 and 3.12.

Just go to the security settings like with every other non-App-Store
application on Mac and set QGIS to open. Just ignore the horrible message and
open QGIS again, it works.

Hopefully, this was your problem,
Maria