Even though I've been using QGIS for many years, I'm still confused by the concept of templates. When I create a basic project (currently using 3.10 on Linux) and choose "Save to..." and select "templates", a *.qgz file is indeed created in my templates directory. When I restart QGIS and select "New from template" that template project is opened. But then, any further changes are saved back to the template unless I explicitly do "Save as...". I would expect that "New from template" should open a *new* project with all the elements from the template, but not allowing to alter the original template.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

--
Micha Silver