On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

- learn about 'flatpak' and use that to run 3.14
  (https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#flatpak). Though
  flatpak has some limitations as it runs in a sandbox...

Are those limitations and how they impact the capabilities of QGIS documented anywhere? I don't see anything about limitations here:

  https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#flatpak

nor here:

  https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.qgis.qgis

I believe I've run into a big limitation. I've installed flatpak QGIS on a CentOS 7 linux system. When I try to run it I get this error:

  $ flatpak run org.qgis.qgis
  QGIS starting in non-interactive mode not supported.
  You are seeing this message most likely because you have no DISPLAY
  environment variable set.

Any ideas about what limitation is causing that error?

Thanks!