From QGIS 3.14 you can use html style coloring in labels. So something like this should work:

"name" || ' <font color="#ff0000">(' || "number" || ')</font>'

You need to check "Allow HTML formatting" in the label settings.

Raymond

On 27-08-2020 15:28, Grün, Michael wrote:
Hi all,

Very simple example:

I have a point layer and I want to label it with 2 attributes (name, number) and differ them within their styles.

Cologne (10)

Hamburg (14)

name || ' ' || '(' ||  "number"  || ')'

Now I just want for more difference the number (and brackets) in another colour (or style, bold e.g.).

Cologne *(10)*

Hamburg *(14)*

I tried it with the button „data devided override“ – but changes always for both attributes, no difference within.

I tried rule-based labeling – without result.

Allow HTML formatting <b>number</b>, but how?

Actually I thought this would be very simple…any hints?

Thanx a lot…kindly regards, Michael