It seems that Microsoft (of all people) is creating this database of
building shapes for the known universe. They recently completed Australia
and made it available. It is in a zipped geojason file - a format that I
have no idea about.

I have loaded it to QGIS and it is huge. It took over 30min to load and it
takes about 10min to redraw every time and I am not running it on a Pentium
4 with 8bits of ram either.

I would like to clip the data to the states of Australia which I have a
vector files or maybe regions in order to get the dataset smaller so it can
be more usable.

Can you clip geojason files ? or would I have to covert them into something
like shapefiles? Any ideas on a workflow to do this?

BTW I am running an I7-8700 with 16mb RAM and a NVIDIA Quadro P2000.

Cheers

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397