Yes, that! Thanks!

Raymond

On 21-10-2020 23:31, Fernando M. Roxo da Motta wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 17:18:05 +0200, Raymond Nijssen
<r.nijs...@terglobo.nl> wrote:

This script works for me. But I'm not all sure about the way I start
a new process for QGIS and quit the python script. I think ending the
command with an "&" only works on unix kind of systems..

   Perhaps the 'run()' method of subprocess module can be a more
suitable answer:

   https://docs.python.org/3/library/subprocess.html

   HTH.

---

import sys
import os
from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication, QWidget, QVBoxLayout,
QComboBox, QPushButton

# adjust these to your setup:
qgis_bin = '/home/raymond/git/QGIS/build-master/output/bin/qgis'
profile_path = '/home/raymond/.local/share/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles'

def run_qgis():
      profile_name = cb.currentText()
      cmd = f'{qgis_bin} --profile {profile_name} &'
      #print(cmd)
      w.close()
      os.system(cmd)

app = QApplication(sys.argv)