Thank you Thayer and Richard.

The Openrouteservice.org GUI map did not work for
my Firefox.

Graphhopper is nearly perfect for what I want, and
I really appreciate you bringing it to my attention.
It's going to save me quite a bit of time.
This is the link I am using:
https://graphhopper.com/maps/

The GPX export of the track is exactly what I need.
The GUI is great.  I rarely have more than a dozen
intermediary points along the track, so I'll probably
just create the URL I need to get the output I need.
Or maybe I will dive into the API, but I hate these
API keys that always seem to be turned off, and I'm
supposed to beg for another one.

QuickOSM appears to have a lot of promise too.
It's on my list to investigate.

Thanks again.

Mike