Hi Richard,

thanx for having a look. First I overlooked this option (gnrr ..), but
then, it did not work :(

My layer is a  point layer of bat species found in batboxes. To this
layer, I join a reference list via the species abbreviation to get the
latin name and the colour.

When I now use this layer to categorize the points by species and set my
rgba-field for the symbol colour, there are still random colours applied
to the categories.

Bug, feature or misinterprestation of the workflow?

Bernd