On 9/20/2021 7:16 PM, krishna Ayyala wrote:
Charles,
Sorry for so many questions. As I mentioned before, I am able to create georeferenced tiff file as per instructions in the link below. But, when I overlay this tiff file on top of the shapefile, the size of the points in tiff file is not same as that of the size of the points in the shapefile. I tried to export to tiff file with different resolutions, but that did not work. Is there a way to fix that?

https://imgur.com/a/soAI4E5

The shapefile contains coordinates; the points you see on the map are how those points have been "symbolized". The default settings in QGIS makes those symbols the same size regardless of the scale of the map - as you zoom in or out the points remain the same apparent size on your screen. When you  exported the map to a tiff, the points became fixed in size. If you overlay the tiff on the original at the same zoom level that you exported at, the symbols will be the same size. As you zoom in or out, the symbols on the tiff will appear larger or smaller on your screen, while the symbols for the shapefile points will remain constant in apparent size.