Hi,

The red polygon is not a vector layer so you can’t import it.  You can however
create a polygon in Google earth and then export to kml or kmz.  You can import
those in QGIS.  You can also use a plugin like quickmap services, add third
party servers in the plugin options and vectorize in QGIS using Google map as a
background.

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux