I could be reading the code wrong, but the link you sent is not a leaflet map. It's a Google map, served directly from Google.

On 1/17/2022 11:28 AM, Hugh Kelley wrote:
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to add Google's bike layer to a QGIS map using the google map _javascript_ api.

I believe that the layer is vector not tiles

here's an example of how to add it to a leaflet map so it does seem possible to use it in QGIS but it's unclear to me whether there is a feature or plugin to work with this sort of datasource rather than adding it in with python.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--
Hugh Kelley