On 3/21/2022 1:44 PM, Bernie Connors via Qgis-user wrote:
        I am using QGIS 3.20.0-Odense and I have a small set of points in EPSG 4326, a geographic projection.  I am trying to use the Multi Ring Buffer tool and the units for the buffer distance is in "degrees" but I want to specify a buffer of 5 metres.  The tool doesn't appear to allow me to change the units for the buffer distance.  What can I do here?

You have to set your project CRS to a projected coordinate system in meters. (Strictly speaking it could be in something else like feet or miles, but you would have to manually convert the meters to the units of the CRS).