We use clipping paths heavily in the elevation plots, so if we exported these to SVG then the clipping would be ignored and the results would be an unusable mess.

If the clipPath element is used for clipping, then the following might be of interest.

Came across a limitation in Qt regarding SVG for marker symbols recently:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/50208

Julien investigated and opened a ticket at Qt:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-106720

The outcome was that Qt uses SVG Tiny, which includes only a subset of the features included in the SVG Full spec.

Looks like the clipPath element is not supported by SVG Tiny:
https://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny/#sec-eleind

Don't know if there are any plans to support SVG Full in Qt, from the ticket linked above I didn't got this impression.

Maybe there's a way to use something else instead of clipPath for clipping, which is supported by SVG Tiny.

Cheers Björn