On 3/23/23 14:00, Bruno Streit wrote:
Thank you, that works perfectly! I've set the userLocal with
QSettings().setValue('locale/userLocale', 'en_US'). Now the plugins work.

But how do I happen to miss this setting (on more than one computer)? In
Options - General, I override the System Local, use 'American English' as User
Interface and 'German Switzerland (de_CH)' al locale for numbers, date and
currency formats. Is it because of this settings, that I need to set
locale/userLocale via python console? Would it be wort filling a bug report for
the missing setting?

No, the locale on your computer is not connected to the locale in QGIS'
QSettings.
There is a QSettings set in every QGIS profile.

If nothing has SET it yet, it is not there. Software should check IF it is set,
OR give a default.

Regards,

Richard