Hi Adam,

Normally it should work as you wish for.

Once I had a customer with this problem. They were using Citrix and the user home directory (where plugins are stored) was either cleared at every startup, or the server where QGIS was running was a different every time. Could that be the problem?

Hope this helps,
Raymond