Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:56:23 PST 2024

So the best I can work out of how to digitise this shape is being able to align to the grid in some way perhaps with some kind of snapping to the grid or alignment to the grid or being able to see the angles on each corner or whatever. I am not sure how to achieve that at the moment.

Hi Patrick,
have you tried to use, as already adviced, the Advanced Digitizing tools [1]?

You can find online various tutorials: see e.g. one at random [2].

Best regards.

Andrea

[1] https://docs.qgis.org/3.34/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/editing_geometry_attributes.html#the-advanced-digitizing-panel [2] https://www.geodose.com/2022/08/qgis-tips-tricks-how-digitize-perfect-building-footprint.html