Hi Aron,
Seems like you're dealing with large dataset?
A few things you can try.

*         Make sure the datasets your running analysis on, or carrying out
spatial joins on, all datasets have a Spatial Index. This can be done by going
into the Layer Properties and under Source, click Create Spatial Index.

*         The other thing to consider is looking at how you can simplify your
Tables, do you need all the attribution for analysis...etc

*         One other thing to consider is moving the data from shapefile to a
Spatial Database, something like PostGIS. I'm not sure, but you may even find
moving to a GeoPackage may give you some performance boost.
Just some thoughts.
Kind Regards,

Richard

--
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
Flood Risk Management - Data Management

--
Oifig na nOibreacha Poibl?
Office of Public Works

Sr?id Jonathan Swift, Baile ?tha Troim, Co na M?, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
--
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

--
To send me files larger than 30MB, please use the link below
https://filetransfer.opw.ie/filedrop/richard.mcdonn...@opw.ie

Email Disclaimer:
https://www.gov.ie/en/organisation-information/439daf-email-disclaimer/