Yep, Debian is a bit of a problem.
installed Debian-based Linux Mint this year for the first time ever and faced the same problems.

This was the reason for me to dive into the conda world to get things running. Using conda environments has also the benefit not to mess up your system with a zoo of python dependencies carelessly introduced by requirements for some plugins ( I sometimes like to experiment with new stuff and regretted it often soon after).

See my thread from last february:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2024-February/054054.html

Bernd