Hi Dale,

It is unfortunately not possible to set a custom maximum value in the
continuous color dialog. What you could do is to use graduated symbol and
insert the class breaks manually by double clicking on the values in the list
box. In 0.9 developer version, there is also the possibility to automatically
create the class breaks using quantiles and thus consider the distribution of
the values better. However, the features are not coloured continuously with
graduated symbol, but it still may be of use for your purpose.

Regards,
Marco