Hello,

at first I installed to my comp running Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn the Qgis 7.4 from the Ubuntu repository, then I tried 0.8 binary from the http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu edgy multiverse, later I tried also Qgis 8.0 from the http://debian.gfoss.it/ etch main. Does not matter witch version from where, the grass plugin does not work. Every time I mark the Grass plugin and click OK the qgis just closing without any warning or errormessage. If I start from commandline, I get the following message after the qgis is closed:

qgis: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libqgisgrass.so.1: undefined symbol: G_set_error_routine.

Does somebody have a similar experience and/or have a workaround proposal, pls.?

Thank You and regards

Tomas