Thanks a lot! I'm getting acquainted with PostGIS and I think it's exactly
what I need to store all the data. And with QGIS support for PostGIS layer
it all works out just great. Just a few plugins to parse field traverses and
a form to edit semantic data and we have a great cadastral surveying GIS.
Right now I am working on a parser to read out national cadastral exchange
format and put it into PostGIS.

Actually, most of ex-USSR is using old soviet coordinates CK-63. Since all
our reference points are in these coordinates anyway, parsing a field
traverse is no more than polar to cartesian conversion.

Konstantin.