On Jan 19, 2008 12:53 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> using the rubberband example I'm trying to do a plugin in which I can
> add some 'blocks/geometries-of-interest' and add some labels to it
> (annotation?).
>
> My map is now showing a rubberband/geometry, and some label, but when I
> export it to an image, the label is there, but the geometry vanishes?

Right, rubberband is a map canvas item so it's not a part of the map.
When exporting map as an image I think it's correct not to show map
canvas items as they are usually used for some map tools.

> Is that the implementation of the rubberband?
> Or am I responsible myself for painting those 'temporary' features?
> Or am I supposed to make some 'memory-vector'-layer, and add the
> rubberband as a geometry to that using 'setToGeometry'? (Tried that, but
> got an attribute-error (using 9.1 on debian)).
> Or something else?

No canvas items are exported to the images. If you need this behaviour
you should be able to use function of ancestor of map canvas -
QGraphicsView::render() - that can render the complete map canvas
contents to output and not just the map.

Martin